The company is an international construction company which has grown since 1977 from a small Irish operation to a leading provider of high-tech cleanrooms, data centre solutions, quality fit-outs, specialised refurbishments, and turn-key construction of manufacturing facilities across Europe.
Safely deliver on time and budget the contracts and works under his / her control.
The Management of employees, sub-contractors and materials to ensure the safe and effective delivery of contract works.
Ensure the implementation of applicable Company Safety, Health and Welfare policies and procedures on contracts under his / her control.
Ensure works are carried out in the most efficient manner possible to achieve optimum commercial results for the contracts under his / her control.
Ensure contract costs are managed within budget and programme.
Ensuring all work is completed to an acceptable quality standard and in compliance with specification.
Ensure the implementation of Quality Management System to include Quality and Environmental processes and procedures.
Ensure labour resources are managed in accordance with the Working Time Directive, the Working Rule Agreement and Company Policies and procedures.
Ensure adequate resources are in place for contracts under their control.
Ensure contract review meetings are held on all contracts.
Ensure Pre-Appointment and co-ordination meetings are held with all Sub-Contractors.
Complete “Performance Reviews” and the “Personal Development Plans” for direct reports ensuring future staff development.
Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved on all contracts.
– The Site Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts under his/ her control.
2. Ensure site specific induction training is carried out for all personnel under company’s control.
3. The development of or ensuring the development of safe systems of work utilising generic risk assessments to develop task specific assessments.
4. Ensuring contract specific site safety statements are developed including any sub-contracted works. These safety statements must be maintained as ‘live’ documents for the duration of the project.
5. Ensure where any work is executed in public areas and occupied buildings, that adequate control measures are implemented to ensure the safety of anyone who may be affected.
6. The provision of or ensuring that information, instruction and training is provided to Operatives in emergency procedures and the content of Risk Assessments and safe systems of work.
7. Ensuring the review of Sub-Contractors documentation for adequacy with regard to task planning, risk assessment, training, resources and supervision on their sites.
8. Ensure activities are co-ordinated, monitored and inspected regularly to ensure the work is being completed safely.
9. Ensure help or advice is promptly obtained from the Safety Department as required. CONSTRUCTION 10. Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts under their control.
11. Chair sub-contract co-ordination meetings on a regular basis that are documented in minute’s format and distributed to relevant personnel.
12. Ensure there is adequate control of materials, plant and equipment to prevent loss by damage, waste, theft or unnecessary hire charges.
13. Identify and issue RFI’s to design team.
14. Ensure Site Daily Diary is completed on all sites.
15. Manage site teams through regular “team” meetings and Contract Reviews that are documented in minute’s format and distributed to relevant personnel.
16. Generate and maintain a procurement schedule for all contracts paying particular attention to long lead items.
17. Monitor Actual against Planned progress against Contract programme.
18. Ensure supervision have clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
19. Ensure his / her duties and those under his / her control identified in the allocation of contract and production responsibilities are completed
20. Ensuring all works installed as per current issue of drawings and that works are inspected to ensure compliance to specification.
21. Ensuring environmental management plans are developed and implemented for all sites under his / her control.
22. Ensuring works are monitored and inspected on sites on a regular basis to ensure compliance with the contract and any variations.
23. Ensure adequate Site establishment, welfare facilities and ongoing professional appearances of sites are maintained.
24. Highlight any variations between the contract/ tender drawings and drawings issued for construction to our Quantity Surveyor.
25. Ensure we have an instruction prior to carrying out any variations.
26. Ensure the requisition of materials in a timely manner to avoid contract delays or increased cost.
27. Ensure meticulous control for the allocation of labour, that Daily Timesheets / Daywork sheets are completed in accordance with procedure.
28. Ensure all day work/ cost record sheets, (confirmation of verbal instructions, COI’s and record sheets) are completed and presented to our Quantity Surveyor.
29. Complete “Contractors” report on a weekly basis and distribute to all parties.
30. Maintain good working relationship with Client/ Project team throughout the contract.
31. Carrying all day to day activities in a professional manner in line with our companies systems and procedures.
32. Ensure direct and sub-contract labour is managed in line with company policies, ensuring particular attention is paid to any potential bullying, racial or sexual harassment. Ensure help or advice is promptly obtained from the HR team.
33. Address under performance of staff/ operatives through the HR department
For more details, please send your CV at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org